Friday, December 30, 2005

Ambassador Cam, #21

I've been out of the office this week, which means I haven't been able to drive by the Ambassador and check on the progress of the hotel demolition.

Luckily, some of you are picking up my slack. Thanks to LAist's Carolyn Kellogg, who took these shots on Thursday:


More destruction on the east side of the building.


The west side of the Ambassador. The south wing still stands -- but presumably not for long.


Great shot of the west side of the building -- check out the size of the workers. This was a big hotel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been to LA. I have never visited the Ambassador. For over a year I have been reading about the development plans by the LAUSD and the push by preservationists and fans. Thanks for such a wonderful website. As sickening as it is to see this building come down I am glad that your compendium is out there for everyone to read, see, and learn from...


Baltimore, MD

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home